Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas Knitting

Well, more things have been finished for Christmas:

First was my secret santa present, I don't think she actually realized that I MADE the things I gave her, because I few hours later she was asking me if I really made the necklace, but I think she appreciated it, the girl I had actually had me too, she got be serving platters...
because I entertain so much.....


But I finally get to reveal what Juli's present is!
I made her a clapotis!

I think it came out really well, the colors look good with the way they striped, and I really enjoyed making it, I learned some new things, I had to go to knittinghelp.com for tips, it was a great site!

It's not quite as long as I wanted it because I wanted to make it wide so I didn't have enough yarn to make it long, but Juli said she doesn't mind she doesn't like her scarfs that long anyway.

But while I was knitting I thought I could do another repeat, so I did the first row of the repeat, then decided I wouldn't have enough yarn to do another repeat, so I took that row out, but I don't really take out rows all that often and with all the twisted stitches, I thought I messed the whole thing up! but you can't tell where I messed up and it all worked out fine!



And Juli made me socks!





They are Monkey socks, I'm wearing them right now! they are so comfy!!!

but I can't say if it has at all inspired me to knit socks yet....



Val made us hand dyed yarn, I haven't downloaded the pictures of it yet, but it came out really good in purple and blue with a little bit of white, it sock weight yarn, but I don't know yet what I'm gonna make with it, I was thinking of making myself a Clapotis but I don't know if I'll have enough of it, I like long scarfs...

I just finished the ribbed hat I was making for my friend, it was my first hat and the decreasing part confused me a little bit so I improvised (it's got raisins in it, you like raisins) but it's not too bad. I really like the color and it's Debbie Bliss alpaca silk, how can you go wrong!

I gave the braided scarf to my friend, I was so sad to see it go, I told her it was coveted by many so she's very lucky to be getting it! but it really was made just for her, I saw the pattern and wanted to make it, then I picked up the yarns and the colors were just so her I had to make it for her. But now that I know it will come out good I can easily make another one (or five!).

She said she's been getting lots of compliments on it!

So now I can work on something for myself! I want to finish the lace scarf, and my friend got me some alpaca silk in a color that is very similar to the lace scarf that I'm making, so maybe I'll make myself fingerless gloves or a hat to go with it. I was given strict orders to make something for myself with the yarn she gave me!

I also got yarn from my mom for christmas from the Harrisville studio, and Juli got me some authentic Ohio wool! they are both a cream color, so I have to find something to do with those too! so much yarn now!


1 comment:

Valerie said...

No pix of the stuff you made for your Secret Santa? Hey, the kids and I can come over & you can use the platters then!