Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Knitting Class

No, no..... I didn't take a knitting class, I gave a knitting class!
I know what your thinking, "how could such a novice knitter have anything to teach anyone?" But believe it or not there are people out there who are even more inexperienced than me!

It was my friend that I work with, she's actually the one who has been inspiring me to run, she did the NYC marathon this year! She keeps telling me about this study that she read that says when you knit it stimulates a different part of your brain that you wouldn't normally use. (interpretation: knitters are smarter!) But I believe it, the whole fine motor skills thing and all.... so she wanted to learn how to knit, and I taught her! she did really well, I'm very happy for her! I think she's just gonna make a scarf with it. But she was so excited about being in the yarn isle at Michael's, and she was telling about a yarn shop that she wants to go to.... she may become obsessive very quickly!
Maybe we can start a knitting group!

All I could think while I was teaching her was "I'm so gonna blog about this!"

No comments: