Sunday, November 25, 2007

Works in Progress

Ok, I know this is called works in progress but first I want to start with a recent accomplishment of mine that has nothing to do with knitting.

On Thanksgiving morning I did a Turkey Trot of 4 miles!!! I was so proud of myself that I actually finished it and did have to stop and walk. I just started running in August and Thanksgiving was the first time I did 4 miles.My time was 46 minutes 25 seconds, so I run REALLY slow..... and I was passed by the speed walker..... but that doesn't matter I finished! Horay for me!

Ok, on to the knitting:

WORKS IN PROGRESS:
I have 4 projects going at the same time.... I've never done that before.
I think it's just because most of it is Holiday knitting that I need to get done by a certain time.

#1: Braided Scarf
I'm making this for one of the girls I work with, I'm making it in pink, brown, and a varigated pink and grey color. I'm making it in an acrylic/wool blend. I hope it comes out as good as I think it will look cause I've been working on it forever!! I'm finally on the third color so it should be done soon...

#2: Juli's Christmas Present
so I can't post a link to it cause then she'll know what it is. She already knows that I'm knitting something for her cause val spilled the beans!
all I can say is I'm really enjoying knitting it and I'm learning some new techniques too!

#3: Secret Santa Present
I can't post a link to this one either cause I'm just doing a yarn-over knit 2 together pattern. we're doing a secret santa on one of the floors that I work on at the Hospital so I'm making a scarf, it's an acrylic and alpaca blend in dark blue, and then I'm gonna make a beaded necklace to go with it, I got beads in blues and golds, I think I'm gonna do a multi-strand thing...

#4: Morehouse Farm Scarf
This one I'm making for myself! I felt with all this Hoilday knitting I wanted to make something I could enjoy too! Plus I really want to be able to use it this year too! it's a lace weight yarn, which I didn't realize when I bought it and then got a little scared when I opened the directions and it said size 3 needles! But i've been working on it and I really like it, it's very small and delicate but I'm not scared. Lace my be my "thing", I don't know, I guess I'll wait and see how this turns out before I make any promises!
I don't know if the kit for the one I'm making is on the wesite, it's called "les petits riens", I got it in a maroon-ish color, and I have a green jacket so I think they'll go nicely together.
I also really like the Pink Ribbon scarf that they have, but I was being conservative with my purchases at Rhinebeck!

That's about it right now, I was also working on a blanket but that project got put on the back burner cause I needed the needles to make Juli's present! so I'll tell you guys about that one when I start working on it again.

and hopefully pictures will be able to be posted soon!

I just want to make one note about yarn in gereral: I am not a yarn snob, I don't need to have the best quality stuff cause honestly, the good stuff is expensive!! but I've come to the realization that I don't really like wool, it's too scratchy to actually make anything out of, I think I would only really do a bag out of real 100% wool, although the merino wool I'm working with now is ok..... I don't know, maybe I just need to experiment with it a little more, try different brands..... that's just the way I feel right now

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Why isn't there a gift for me listed? ::Sob::