Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Vacations Over!

Ok, it's been a while since I posted.
I'm back from my visit with Juli, we really didn't do much which was exactly what I needed, and when I got back to work everyone said how much *better* I looked.... did I look that bad before! guess I needed a break even more than I noticed!
We accomplished everything I had on my list so I was happy about that.
I worked on a very special project while I was there:

My Jaywalkers!
I've already started working on the next one, I just want it be done so I can wear it!

We found a bead store right in town, so I made a purchase there. Juli wants a beaded bookmark, and I thought I would try to make some earings.



And we checked out the local yarn stores. I got the yarn to make Talia from the new Knitty. Juli helped me pick out the color, it wasn't until we got home that we realized Juli is very biased to green! But I decided I have to finish something before I can start this, even more motivation to finish my socks!



and the weekend after I got back I did a race, it's the same 4 mile run I did in November. In November my time was 46:25, in March my time was 40:58, huge improvement, I was so happy!
If anyone is interested to see what I looked like while crossing the finish line, it's pretty embarrassing!

2 comments:

Julianne said...

Your picture isn't that bad. Did you take a look at the lady in the picture before you?

Natalie Rush said...

I agree the pictures isn't bad. The socks look great. Thanks for commenting on my podcast. :) I feel safe taking my needles now. I do plan to bring along the stamped envelope though...just in case.

Hope your running is going well.