Sunday, March 2, 2008

Vacation!

Ok, so I still have a week before I go on vacation but I probably won't have time to blog before then so I figured I'd do it now.

I'm going to visit Juli on Ohio, I'm so excited, I've never been to Ohio, and I want to see Juli pregnant!

I have some plans of things we should do when I'm there and I'm pretty sure she will agree with me on these:
1. Knit
2. yarn shopping
3. make sweet bread
4. podcast
5. do absolutely nothing!

I'm looking foward to a relaxing vacation, I havn't taken any time off from work since October, and it's been so busy there, we've been short-staffed since October, and now we finally have a new person but we're training her, and we have a new intern who started the same time as our new employee, it's just been really busy, and everyone else has taken time off I think it's my turn!
I told Juli I wanted to come visit and she said "you know there's not really much to do in Ohio", I said "yea, that's kinda the point!".

It will be nice also to take a week off of running, I really needed to take a break last week but I told myself if I could get through two more weeks then I'll take the whole week off, because with the weather and stuff in Ohio I don't know if I'll be able to run outside and I don't have a gym membership there. I could pay to use a gym for a day if I wanted to go use the treadmill, but I'm on vacation! that's too much effort.
I've been running 3 times per week, one long run and two shorter ones, and I increase by 1/2 a mile on my long run every week. so now I'm up to 7 1/2 miles! a big accomplishment! I didn't increase my distance this week, I kept it at 7 1/2 cause I really struggled with it last week, so this week I'll try 8 for my long run, and then take some time off, maybe do a couple short runs in Ohio if the weather is ok, but if not, I won't stress.....
the half-marathon is in May so I should be ok getting distance up by then, my friend says I just need to get a couple good 10 mile runs in and I'll be ok, the thought of running 10 miles is just so mind boggling right now!

I haven't started anything new, I haven't gotten my sock needles yet, so I guess I'll have to wait till I get to Ohio to start those. and I think I want to finish something before I start any other new projects. (I know what your thinking "that doesn't matter, cast on anyway", but remember people I'm the "occasional" knitter, I'm trying, quite unsuccessfully, to not become obssesive!)
The Hemlock ring blanket should be finished soon (if I can figure out the bind off!), and I've been working alot of the lace scarf (that thing is never ending, I think I started it in November!), but since I finished the fingerless gloves I want to finish the scarf while it's still cold enough to wear the two together.

I think I may become one of those people who wear scarfs in all knids of weather just because I have so many of them!

1 comment:

Julianne said...

I agree to all the things you want to do! No twisting my arm there!!