Saturday, September 27, 2008

Stitch and Pitch

So I went to the Stitch and Pitch game at Shea Stadium on Sept. 25th.

It was kinda cold and rainy, but we didn't get wet because we were high enough up to be under the overhang. I've kinda been seeing a guy for a couple weeks and he came with me. Val didn't wanna come because it was her anniversary (10 years, big deal!), and my friend Liz was supposed to come, but she had Back to School night for her kids and actually fell that morning while running, and was in pretty bad shape. So Jay came with me, he really didn't mind the knitting.



see, no one around me is knitting....


I brought my Circular Shrug with me to work on.


I was a little disappointed with the whole thing, not to say I wouldn't do it again. We didn't get there early because I really was unsure of what would be going on and it was not really clear if goodie bags were gonna be given out so I didn't feel the need to go early, but then I thought that once we sat down we would be surrounded by people knitting.... not the case. There were a few people around me knitting but I thought I would be able to meet people and talk about knitting and stuff, but our seats were kinda far away from the large group of people I saw knitting. Maybe it's because I bought the tickets on my own, if they were purchased a group I might have been closer to other knitters.... but it was still fun to be able to pull out my knitting at a baseball game!



3 comments:

Valerie said...

I was hoping for a picture of Jay! I wanna meet him.... Bring him over for a drink one day :-) And are you saying that you wouldn't have brought knitting with you if it wasn't stitch & pitch???? And you call yourself a knitter!!

juicyknits said...

Hi! You've been tagged!

Angie said...

I know what you mean about it being a little dissapointing. While I had a good time and would do it again, I felt the thing was very disorganized plus the weather didn't help. I purchased my ticket along with a large group of women but because of the weather, most of them didn't show up. There was nobody telling us where to sit so I assumed where my seat was. Turned out I was wrong. Because of this, even though there were a handful of knitters in my area, there were also a lot of non-knitters and I thought that our talk of knitting was distracting to them. Again, a little dissapointing but I would do it again.