Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hello Stranger

ok, ok, I know.... I figured it was time to use this thing again!

I've been really busy since the last time I blogged

I finished my Talia vest, I really like the way it came out. My first garment! it's even been favorited on Ravelry, by complete strangers!

and the blanket for Juli's baby, so I was able to give it to her at the shower. it was really simple to make!


I finished hand warmers for my friend Lisa, she's gonna really like them and I plan on making her leg warmers too, which are bright red to go with the bright blue wrist warmers! It's just her style! and yes, she is a grown adult... the pattern is Hand Like a Hole by Vickie Howell, probably the quickest a simplest project ever, just the seaming was a little tricky, that's what older sisters are for!



I've started some new projects too:
the Razor Cami by Katie Marcus
the Hanami Stole by Melanie Gibbons
and a bunch of washcloths for a house warming gift for a friend
and I just found out another friend just bought a house, should be moving in in August so I definitely have to make her something!


I also signed up for another half marathon, since the first one went so well! but it's not till November so I have some time to get my miles back up, I want to try to get a better time on the one.
Things are starting to pick with the Long Island Dietetic Association, I have officially taken over as Treasurer, but I don't know what happened last year so I'm kinda lost with everything, but the people are really nice a willing to help me with whatever I need. we'll see how it goes...


and I have officially been commissioned to make a project for someone, well one of the girls I work wanted me to teach her how to knit so she could make a blanket for a baby shower, so I said ok, then it turned into, "well, do you want me to just make it for you?", to which she quickly responded yes. I'm not sure if she's gonna try to pass it off as her own handy work, but I'm pretty sure people will know. she's not really the knitting type.


Juli came up to visit, she was a little cranky because she's all pregnant a such, and when she was here was the hottest days we've had so far up here. but it was a good visit. I wanted to podcast while she was here but we didn't get a chance to.... maybe Val and Juli can record when Val goes to visit....


Ok, Val, I hope your happy I blogged again!

1 comment:

Julianne said...

HEY!! I was cranky cause I had a cold and couldn't take any medicine. I would have been perfectly happy if I was just preggers!!